Travelling without a valid ticket
or with a partially valid ticket
Before you board an S-Bahn train, tram or bus, please check whether you are in possession of a
Anyone not in possession of a valid ticket for the respective tram, bus, train or night S-Bahn/bus, or with only a partially valid ticket, will pay a surcharge "for travelling without a valid ticket or with a partially valid ticket" (PDF, 20KB) along with the flat fare amount. The same applies to those who do not have the additional ZVV night supplement of CHF 5.00 for night S-Bahn trains/buses. In all instances, your personal information will be collected and kept on record, with ZVV reserving the right to report offenders to the police. The third and all subsequent offences within two years will be automatically reported to the authorities.
Important: The Track 7 travelcard is only valid on SBB, THURBO and SOB lines within the ZVV network. On all other lines, Track 7 cardholders will be treated as “passengers without a valid ticket”. On nighttime services, a night supplement is required in addition to the Track 7 travelcard.
- Passengers who forget their personal travelcard may present it at the counter, together with
the request for payment, within 10 days, in which case they will only pay a processing fee of CHF
5.00. This does not apply to transferable travelcards.
- Flat fare amounts imposed when a Junior or Grandchild travelcard has been forgotten, lost or
not renewed cannot be reduced by presenting the Junior or Grandchild travelcard at a later time.
- Surcharges/fees imposed when a Track 7 travelcard has been forgotten or lost cannot be reduced
by subsequently presenting the Track 7 travelcard.
- Fraudulent use of tickets, giving incorrect personal information and forging tickets are
punishable by heavy fines (at least CHF 180.00 per person) and may lead to criminal prosecution.
- Presenting a forged ticket will not only entail higher charges (of at least CHF 280.00) but will also result in criminal proceedings in all instances.