Safe on the road thanks to the public transport protection concept
Public life has picked up speed again. Public transport will get you to your destination quickly and safely as usual. Since July 2, 2021, the ZVV nighttime network is back in operation. Please note that masks remain mandatory in all public transport vehicles and in enclosed areas of train stations.
Many things are possible again: visits to the grandparents, a trip to the zoo or an after-work beer in your favourite bar. Public transport will take you there and back again as usual. By behaving responsibly, each passenger helps to ensure that travelling on public transport remains safe while complying with the protection concept. We thank you for your cooperation.
- The mask requirement applies in all public transport vehicles and in enclosed areas of train stations. In addition to travel centers and waiting rooms, unterground stations (e.g. Zurich HB underground station) and shopping areas in basements are also considered to be indoor areas where masks are required.
- The mask obligation also applies to persons who have already been vaccinated.
- The only exceptions to the obligation are children up to the age of 12 and persons who are not allowed to wear a mask for medical reasons.
- For safety reasons, the driving staff do not wear a mask in the driver's cabs.
- The passengers thmeselves are responsible for the procurement of masks.
Find out more about the recommended types of masks.
How to travel safely by public transport
- In this chart, the rules of conduct are illustrated in simple language (German only).
- Keep your distance to other people.
- If possible, avoid morning and evening commuting times and use less frequented connections instead.
- Distance yourself from others as well as possible at stops and in vehicles. Keep a distance when getting on and off a vehicle. It is recommended to form an aisle and to leave space for the people getting off.
- Buy your tickets electronically in the ticket shop or in the ZVV ticket app. It is also advisable to make contactless payments at counters and ticket machines.
- Eating and drinking is allowed in the vehicles. During this time, the mask may be removed briefly.
- Dispose of your waste in the bins provided.
- The transport companies clean the vehicles and especially the contact surfaces regularly.
Resumption of the ZVV nighttime network
Since July 2, 2021, the nighttime network is back in operation. The online timetable is up to date. There is no supplement to be paid for the nighttime service. A valid ticket is sufficient for the journey.
Recreational facilities, events and restaurants
The majority of recreational, sports and cultural facilities have reopened in compliance with the applicable protective measures. Please inform yourself about the opening hours and the operating situation directly with the respective supplier.
The culinary services of the Zürichsee Schifffahrtsgesellschaft (ZSG) have reopened both on the outside deck and in the interior area. Table reservations are possible. For further cruising information, click here.