FAQ ZVV timetable app
Your question ist not answered? Please contact our customer service.
- 1. Timetable query
- 2. Receive traffic news
- 3. Stop specific timetable
- 4. Lost property
- 5. Buy ticket
1a. In which area can I query timetables with the ZVV timetable app?
The ZVV timetable app contains all timetables and travel information for Switzerland and the region bordering Baden-Württemberg.
1b. My timetable query does not provide all possible connections.
- How to get there: Open Journey Planner > Select gear symbol > Reset options
We always show you the fastest connections between A and B. In rare cases, connections with disproportionately longer travel times may not be displayed - even if all options are switched off.
1c. I only want to search for direct connections.
- How to get there: Open Journey Planner > Select gear symbol > Set transfer time to "at least 30 minutes"
By increasing your transfer time to the maximum, you prefer direct connections.
1d. I would like to plan more time for footpaths.
- How to get there: Open Journey Planner > Select gear symbol > Set transfer time/speed
With the walking speed you can plan more time for the way to/from the stop. The transfer time at stops can also be increased.
1e. I just want to display barrier-free connections.
- How to get there: Open Journey Planner > Select gear symbol > Set display or filter for barrier-free connections
The ZVV timetable app compares the platform height with the type of vehicle used. If access at ground level is possible, this is displayed after activating the corresponding option.
1f. How can I view a searched connection again later?
- How to get there: Search timetable > Select connection > Select alarm button > Activate Single connection notification
If you activate the single connection notifications, it is stored in the main menu under "Connection notifications" and can be called up there again and again.
Another way to remember a connection is the calendar export.
1g. How can I display ship courses?
- How to get there: Open Journey Planner > Select gear symbol > Select ship as means of transport
We always show you the fastest connection between A and B. To make sure that all ship connections are displayed, filter for ships.
2a. Where can I find an overview of the traffic situation on the ZVV network?
2b. Why is the predicted departure time incorrect?
The system constantly recalculates the punctuality forecast based on the current traffic situation. If the bus progresses faster than predicted, small discrepancies between forecast and reality may occur in rare cases.
2c. How can I set up an alarm for an entire line?
- How to get there: Open Line notifications > Select the bell symbol of the desired line
You can define a line as a favourite and thus get an overview of your lines in the "Favourites" tab.
2d. How can I set up an alarm for a single connection?
- How to get there: Search timetable > Select connection > Select alarm button
Single connection alarm: You will be notified if the selected connection is delayed or affected by malfunctions.
Commuter notification: Do you travel regularly at the same time between the same stops? Limit the days of the week and the time window for notifications of delays and malfunctions.
3. Where can I find stop specific timetables?
Download the stop specific timetable or mini schedules of the ZVV lines as PDF. So you already know at home when your bus will leave at the next stop.
4. How can I find something I have lost?
The ZVV Contact is responsible for information on lost items on public transport in the canton of Zurich.
Depending on the case, you may contact the following contact points:
- Easyfind (lost property office of Switzerland)
- Lost and Found Office for the City of Zurich and the Zurich Public Transport Authority
- SBB online loss report
- PostAuto online loss report
- Lost and Found Office for the City of Winterthur
5a. How can I buy a ticket?
- How to get there: Search timetable > Select connection > Select tickets button
The ZVV Tickets App is the ZVV's digital ticket machine. If you buy a connection in the ZVV timetable app, you will be forwarded directly to the ZVV tickets app.
5b. Where can I get an overview of the tariff zones in the ZVV?
- How to get there: Open plans > Download tariff zone plan