Check in – ride – check out – that’s it! With the ZVV ticket app’s check-in feature, you always have the right ticket, throughout Switzerland, for your spontaneous travel plans.
No more need to study zone maps: with the check-in feature, you’ll always have the right ticket. All you have to do is check in on the app before boarding and then check out after your journey. Your travel route will be recorded via GPS. At the end of the day, you’ll be charged the correct price for all your journeys.
Also practical for travelcard holders
Check-in tickets aren’t just attractive for occasional travellers; the feature also takes into account travelcards on the SwissPass. All you have to do is link your SwissPass in the app once. The app then automatically validates the correct connection tickets when leaving the travelcard zone and/or automatically applies the half-fare card.
Known limitations of the check-in feature
- ZVV day pass: no 24-hour ticket, only check-in day passes
- ZVV 9 O’Clock Pass: based on the timetable, not the departure time
- Albis day pass: not yet implemented
- Special rates within the ZVV network: not integrated; a ZVV zone ticket is charged
- Class change: not yet implemented
- SBB supersaver tickets: not available, as quota-based
- Price optimisation: only on a daily and not a monthly basis
- Single journey lasting over two hours: if the fastest possible connection within the ZVV network takes longer than two hours, a day pass is automatically charged. Customer service can turn it into a single ticket.
The ‘ZVV-Tickets’ app is available free of charge for iOS and Android mobile phones. It does not work on tablets.