Frequently asked questions
Passengers ask. The Zurich Transport Network answers.
Questions on tickets
- What is the difference between a ZVV ticket and an SBB ticket?
- What is a Z-Pass?
- How far can I travel with the short-distance ticket?
- I would like to buy a ZVV ticket for zone 121 only.
- Do zone upgrades exist in the form of multiple tickets?
- Which ticket do I need for a boat trip?
- When do I need a night supplement?
Questions on travelcards
- I am under 25 and would like to buy a personal travelcard.
- I am 25. Can I still buy a NetworkPass Young Adults?
- I am over 25 and have a half-fare travel card. Can I continue to pay the «Young Adult» price for the ZVV 1-month travelcard?
- Are GA travelcards and half-fare travelcards valid within the ZVV network?
- Can I get my ZVV travelcard replaced if it is lost or stolen?
- Can I use my ZVV travelcard for journeys that are partly outside the ZVV territory?
- Can I return my monthly or annual ZVV travelcard and have it refunded?
- Can I deposit my ZVV annual NetworkPass while I am away on holiday?
- Can I exchange my ZVV annual NetworkPass if I find I need different zones?
- Can I pay for ZVV tickets with Reka Cheques?
Questions on validity
- Do I need to buy a ticket for my grandchildren, too?
- I have a ZVV travelcard and the SBB GA travelcard for young adults. Can I take my children aged under 15.99 with me for free?
- Can I travel throughout the whole ZVV territory with my ZVV travelcard for 3 zones and a multiple day pass for 5 zones? I have, after all, paid the price for 8 zones.
- Is my seven25 travelcard valid in the ZVV?
- Can I take the 8.59 a.m. train with my 9 o'clock day pass?
Questions on ticket inspections
- A ticket inspector made me pay a penalty fare. I think that was wrong. Is there anything I can do about it?
Questions on combined mobility
- Sometimes I would like to be able to travel part of my journey by car. Does the ZVV have anything to offer in this respect?
Questions on contact options
- Where can I obtain information (fares, group journeys, timetables, carriage of bicycles, etc.) and where can I submit any praise or criticism (punctuality, staff, dirty vehicles, etc.)?
- I would like to make requests concerning the timetable, new routes, new stops, etc. Whom do I contact?
- I have a dispute with a transport company, and it has not been possible to settle it to my satisfaction. Whom can I contact?
If you haven't found the answer to your question in this list, please contact our customer service.